The new Daniel Defense DDM4v9 Upper Receiver Group is designed to satisfy the needs of modern shooters not only in popular shooting sports but also for tactical and defensive applications. The long, 15” DDM4 quad rail over a 16” cold hammer forged Government profile barrel gives the operator the option to have the support hand extended out close to the muzzle allowing them to drive the gun more precisely, and preventing over travel when transitioning between multiple targets. This combined with Daniel Defense's mid-length gas system which is known to have a smoother recoil impulse allows for quick but precise rapid fire. The longer rail also affords the shooter plenty of real estate for optics and accessories and allows for maximum sight radius for accurate shooting with rail mounted iron sights.
The V9 URG is equipped with a single pinned low profile gas block that is drilled, taper reamed, and press fit into place to securely attach the low profile gas block to the barrel assembly. Daniel Defense complete upper receiver groups come complete with bolt carrier group and charging handle.
MATERIALS & CONSTRUCTION
- UPPER RECEIVER: Mil-Spec with Indexing Marks and M4 Feed Ramps. CNC Machined of 7075-T6 Aluminum, Type III Hard Coat Anodized
- BARREL: Chrome Moly Vanadium Steel, Cold Hammer Forged, 1:7 Twist, 16″ Government Profile, Chrome Lined, Mil-Spec Heavy Phosphate Coated, and HP/MPI Tested
- GAS SYSTEM: Pinned Low Profile Gas Block CNC Machined of 4140 hardened steel and Mil-Spec Heavy Phosphate Coating, Mid-length, Direct Impingement
- MUZZLE DEVICE: Daniel Defense Flash Suppressor, 17-4 PH Stainless Steel, Salt Bath Nitride Finished
- BOLT CARRIER GROUP: M16 Profile, Mil-Spec MP Tested, Chrome Lined, Properly Staked Gas Key
- SIGHTS: Sold Separately
- HANDGUARD: Daniel Defense DDM4 Rail™ 15.0, CNC Machined of 6061-T6 Aluminum, Type III Hard Coat Anodized
- GRIP: Daniel Defense Vertical Grip, Glass Filled Polymer with Soft Touch Overmolding
- RAIL PANELS: Daniel Defense Rail Panels Made from Santoprene, Heat Resistant to 300° F.